Oh readers, I have sooooo many things on my mind lately! My head is swirling with information that I have to organize. I’m still getting back into the groove after being out of town so much the last month. Stick around – I’ve got some good posts coming up. For now, I just have to share my new favorite life saver of a snack. Buddy Fruits.
I’ve seen different brands of these around, but this is what I just happened to pick up. These snacks went straight to the #1 spot for me when they rescued my sanity on our verrrrrry long drive back from Arizona this weekend. Road trips are always hard, especially with toddlers. I tend to do anything that will make us all suffer less (including…GASP…fruit snacks and candy). I take along healthy snacks, but let’s face it – fruit is messy, and I’m not about to hand my 3 year old a cup of applesauce and a spoon. This stuff just squeezes neatly out of a bag. It’s SO easy, and even my 18 month old could do it all by himself without making a mess. Even more good news – no choking hazard. I just threw them back to the kids and kept on driving. I was in heaven.
- ALL NATURAL INGREDIENTS! It is basically pureed fruit and 100% fruit juice. Yes please.
- No mess, no cleanup, easy for kids to use.
- No refrigeration required
- Doesn’t get bruised or mushy in your purse.
- A bit pricey at about 88 cents a pop
- it’s only 3.2 oz. so it doesn’t really fill anyone up, but it’s a good quick snack.
Bottom line – I won’t be buying a million of these on a normal basis, but YES on long drives, or long outings, or at moments of desperation.
Try em out!