We are back from New York City! It was a very long day of frantic cleaning/packing and then a long red-eye flight across the country, but the kids were champs and were so excited to see their toys that we had a big party at 2 am. It’s been a whirlwind couple of days, and it’s about to get crazier! We are heading to a wedding tomorrow, so more time on the road! In the meantime, here’s a delicious snack I’ve been making with all my quickly ripening bananas.
Whole Wheat Banana Bread (Original Recipe from 100 days of Real Food)
- 2 cups whole-wheat flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- ¼ cup plain yogurt or sour cream
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup oil (or applesauce)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease pan.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, and ginger.
- In a separate bowl mix mashed bananas with yogurt, honey, eggs, oil, and vanilla.
- Fold the banana mixture into the flour mixture until blended. Do not overmix.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake large loaf for 40 – 50 minutes or until it comes clean with a toothpick.
Happy Snacking! Back from sunny San Diego next week!