Last Saturday I got two huge bunches of spinach in my Bountiful Basket. I already had five (no joke) heads of lettuce in my fridge, so I needed to find something to do with spinach other than make salads. Thanks to Pinterest, I found a great recipe. I increased the amounts to make about 6 quesadillas. Here it is.
Spinach Feta Quesadillas (original recipe from closet cooking)
- 2 big bunches spinach, steamed and squeezed to drain
- 3 tablespoon herbs (a combination of mint, dill and parsley), chopped
- 3 green onion, sliced
- 6 tablespoons feta, crumbled
- 6 (8 inch) tortillas
- 3 cup handfuls kasseri or mozzarella, shredded
- Mix the spinach, herbs, green onions and feta in a bowl.
- Melt a touch of butter in a pan.
- Place a tortilla into the pan, swirl it around in the butter and repeat with the second tortilla.
- Sprinkle half of the cheese on the tortilla followed by the filling, the remaining cheese and finally the other tortilla.
- Cook until the quesadilla is golden brown on both sides and the cheese is melted, about 2-4 minutes per side. (Tip: To easily flip the quesadilla place a plate onto the quesadilla in the pan and flip it from the pan to the plate and then slide it back into the pan.
Me: I am not a huge fan of cooked greens (mostly because of the texture), but the flavor combination was great.
The Mr.: Loved it
The Wild One: I forced him to eat one bite. That’s all he wanted.
Tornado: Didn’t touch it!
It’s okay to have a dinner fail with the kids every now and then. I don’t force it. I just keep offering it until they like it.