Guys, these are seriously amazing. To me, they taste better than regular pancakes. They are fluffy and sweet with the perfect texture. yum yum. I might have to eat them for lunch too.
I love making stuff with hidden veggies (Beet waffles are yummy too).
Carrot Pancakes (original recipe from Weelicious)
- 1 1/4 Cup Flour
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Cup Walnuts, chopped
- 3 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Buttermilk
- 1 Tbsp Canola or Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Large Eggs, whisked
- 1 1/2 Cups Carrots, shredded fine (about 3 small carrots)
- Butter or Oil for cooking
1. Place the first 5 ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine.
2. In another bowl, place sugar, buttermilk, oil, vanilla, carrot and eggs and mix.
3. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix.
4. Heat a large skillet over medium heat and lightly coat with butter or oil.
5. Spoon about 1/4 cup of batter onto the skillet and cook for 2 minutes on each side or until golden.
6. Serve with honey or maple syrup.
Me: Sooooooo good.
The Wild One: had 3.5 for breakfast
Tornado: He is not huge on pancakes, so he ate about half of one.
Little Buddy we are babysitting: scarfed down THREE for a snack. They are that good.
Just in time for a yummy Sunday breakfast or brunch. Have a wonderful weekend!