Oh my goodness. Turns out babies and toddlers eat NONSTOP all…day…long! Who knew?? My biggest challenge with feeding my babies is coming up with healthy snack ideas…especially for when we are out, because we are out a TON. When I am home it’s way easier to pour a bowl of applesauce or yogurt, but kinda messy if I try it at story time, ya know? It used to be a whole lot easier when I could just grab goldfish or graham crackers, but now that I have banned those from my house, it is a bit more tricky. The Wild One is almost three, but Tornado poses a challenge since he only has ONE tooth. ONE! Hopefully he grows at least 3 more before kindergarten, but at this rate I am worried he won’t make it!
Anyway, I thought we could all pool our snack suggestions together to get some more ideas.
Here is what I have on hand for snacks at home:
- Plain yogurt
- Cottage cheese
- Hummus on a tortilla
- Tons of fruit that is messy like strawberries, cantaloupe, plums, blueberries, avocados, oranges.
Here’s what I bring out with us:
- Trio bars from Costco- these are awesome!
- Peas (this used to work better than it does now…The Wild One is starting to rebel.)
- Homemade granola
- Nuts – still working on this one, but the boys aren’t too keen on it.
- Animal crackers (this brand doesn’t have as much junk in it, but I try to use it sparingly since it IS still pretty processed).
- Dried fruit
- Fruit leather
- Little peanut butter and honey sandwiches
It seems like a large amount, but the list is getting kinda old and boring to the kiddos. What healthy snacks do YOU have on hand?